From:
April Rosenblum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:44:22 -0400
Just wanted to share so that you all will be encouraged to write your own!

Dear Dr. Aby,

As a lactation counselor, I frequently direct mothers to the Stanford
newborns website to learn vital skills such as hand-expression of their
milk. I meet mothers without pumps whose babies will become dehydrated if
they do not have a way to access good instructions for hand-expression
online, at night, in their homes. Stanford's website developed by Jane
Morton and staff is the most effective site on the web for learning these
skills.

I urge you to take steps to remove the new explicit warning, and even more
importantly, remove the requirement to REGISTER, from the Stanford
breastfeeding site. The new generation of mothers that you are now serving
will not take advantage of sites that make them provide their email address
or go through an additional step to register. Mothers our age are used to
having immediate information, and if we see that barrier on Stanford's
site, we will quickly direct our search elsewhere -- and find subpar
information on other sites which leaves us ill-informed.

This new registration requirement and the "explicit" warning makes
breastfeeding women feel criminalized, which I'm sure is not Stanford's
intent. I hope that you will take action to remove these elements, and
continue instead to further the great reputation Stanford's site has been
developing with new mothers in my community until now.

Sincerely,
April Rosenblum
CLC, Student IBCLC