From:
Virginia Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:58:11 +1000
- Allergy potential, for starters, as regards raw non-human milk, such as
cow's milk..
- The immune factors in it are bovine-specific and don't protect against
human infections.
- There have been cases of infection in southern Australia after ingestion
of (illegal) raw cow's milk by a small child. (I am not sure if it were
fatal, but one of you might know..)
- As it is illegal to sell raw cow's milk in various places, it probably
won't have been screened.
- A number of surveys have indicated that mothers who altruistically
provide raw human milk are emotionally invested in helping the recipient
child and so act responsibly as regards health issues.

I'm not at home while writing this and so cannot access my references. Any
replies, please copy to my email while I'm "nomail".

Virginia

Dr Virginia Thorley, OAM, PhD, IBCLC, FILCA
Private Practice Lactation Consultant