From:
Sharon Economides <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 08:25:32 -0500
I am a midwife and IBCLC- a pregnant client took her acupuncture
licensing exam last year and applied for special circumstances status.
People who were pregnant, nursing, had learning disabilities or
otherwise needed more time or breaks were seated in a different room
and were given much more freedom to eat, go to the bathroom etc and
were also given more time to finish the exam, I believe.

I think this makes a lot of sense. I can see how having a babe in arms
during the exam would be a distraction- but having a caregiver in
another room with the baby, and giving the mother the freedom to go
nurse multiple times during the exam would be a good idea in my opinion.

I was thrilled when I heard that my pregnant client was given special
consideration. I would have been concerned for her to sit still for so
many hours without the freedom to eat, pee, and move about every now
and then!

Sharon