From:
Julie Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 23:15:01 EDT
Regarding breast stripping and "where do these people go to medical school?"

I don't know what school the breast stripping doc attended, but I can attest
that nobody taught me about breast stripping in med school.  In fact they
didn't teach me ANYTHING about breastfeeding.  Zero.  I remember about one
day of breastfeeding anatomy.
This is where the problem begins and this is a perfect example.  I was self
taught by my 2 special personal trainers and some extra special LC's during
my residency.
Not that I have a solution yet--maybe adding breastfeeding questions to
boards so breastfeeding will have to be taught and studied (as the ob's have
wisely done for their specialty boards)?
Best regards,
Julie Wood, MD IBCLC