From:
Dan Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:22:33 -0500
Okay, okay, I've been reading all the anti-soy posts and now I'm trying to get my 17 mo. old nursling (who, is, perhaps not coincidentally, very petite) to give up her morning soy yogurt.  But could someone please answer these questions:  Is soy bad for babies but great for women?  Dr.  Weil treats soy like it's a culinary miracle for women.  What about men?  I have also heard that thyroid sufferers should stay away from soy.  Has anyone else heard this?

BTW, Margaret Wills, I liked your viewpoint on the asthma study -- we all have to recognize our biases.  But I also think we must continue to recognize that we are dealing with a medical establishment that is, in the scheme of things, still relatively new to accepting the superiority of  breastfeeding, is still suspicious of breastfeeding, and we should be scrutinizing their anti-breastfeeding research as carefully as we can.