From:
Janice Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:33:11 -0500
Dr. Rob wrote:

>For those who remember my posting a few months ago about
>the baby who wouldn't latch that I got to latch by myself one day,
>he has a new problem.
>He is now 6 months, 3 weeks and doesn't want solids. Mom has
>tried cereal mixed with BM and squash and banana. She has tried
>a cup, spoon ,and her finger. Baby now closes his mouth if he
>sees the spoon.

Sounds like baby is giving a very clear answer about whether he is ready for
solids. :-) I have one of those. My daughter has food allergies and was
*very* clear that she did not want solids, just like this guy is. Around 11
months she began showing some interest, but she still eats much less than
the average 2-year-old. She's extremely healthy -- has been sick just twice
for less than 24 hours each time. Not anemic. Fine in every regard.

George Wootan writes about a Japanese study in which babies suspected to
have allergies had nothing but breastmilk for two years and showed no ill
effects. (He didn't include a citation, unfortunately, or I would give you
more information.)

Are the parents upset because the baby isn't interested yet?

Janice Berry
Columbus, OH