From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 05:55:13 -0700
I talked to a client recently who had a home birth.  She had called me a
few days earlier with engorgement.  She reported having a sudden drop in
milk supply on the previous day (baby 7 days old on the day she
called).  We couldn't figure out what caused the sudden drop in supply.

I later called her back, wondering if it had to do with too much sage
from turkey dressing.  She then remember that her midwife had given her
two droppersful of flower essence (water, alcohol, and McCartney
rose--if I remember correctly); later in the day she had taken one more
dropperful.  This was given for post partum blues.  She said that it was
right after taking this she had noticed the dramatic drop in supply.

This is a 3rd time mom who had NEVER once used formula.  She was nursing
frequently and the second time I talked to her had sent dad out for
Mother's Milk Tea.

Does anyone have any experience with this treatment causing a drop in
supply?

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC