From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:14:54 -0000
>Finally, I hope that LLLI will reconsider the removal of their banner,
which Dr.
Sears stated he hosted at no charge.  In this case, it's removal only adds
to the
effectiveness of the formula promotion.<

Actually its removal adds to the international credibility of the LLLI as an
organisation of independence and credibility.

If LLLI wants to be considered by governments as an NGO which might be
invited onto task forces about infant feeding, or by WHO or UNICEF as an
invitee to committees or meetings, or if LLLI would like to be able to speak
sincerely on behalf of women about infant feeding and/or breastfeeding,
somewhere, some time, this independent stance -- and a history of an
independent stance -- could be of crucial importance.

I was really heartened by the prompt action of LLLI.

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, United Kingdom
! 'competing interest' -- I am a 'health professional' member of LLLGB and
represent my organisation in several UK national fora where LLLGB is also
represented.