Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:07:38 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
"He was pink and vigorous and had all his fingers and toes. I called across the room to the terrified parents "He's perfect" at which point they burst into tears." 

Katherine, thanks for your kindness!

I can ASSURE you - that years later these parents will remember your words!  We live this every day, but to them - it's a magical and terrifying moment.  We need to remember this!

I have been able to go to a performance of the same live show (Ragtime) a few days in a row (my daughter-in-law's brother is an aspiring singer/actor - Danny Rothman http://www.dannyrothman.com).  

I always seem to learn things from the most unlikely places! <grin>  I heard the young actors talk among themselves - about last night's performance, tomorrow's show, etc.  They were VERY aware that people will only see them ONCE - and that even though THEY have been saying the same words and singing the same songs show after show - to their audience it will be their ONLY experience.  

WE need to remember this message about the moms and families we see.   If actors can do it - so can we, as health care professionals.  

Jeanette Panchula
California, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2