From:
Teresa Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:34:39 PDT
I have read the archives and of the hundreds of posts there are about Reglan I
didn't find the specific answer to my question. 19 yo girl, 5 mo old baby.
Suggested to mom by her ped she quit bf and put her baby on formula because of
an allergy to protein and reflux. He was allergic to the first formula so they
switched to another. Allergic to the second as well so the gastroenteroligist
(sp?) suggested she bf again. It has been 3 months and along with an SNS and
frequent pumping she was prescribed Reglan. Not only did NO ONE mention the
side effects (thank you all, I read the archives about that and have a partial
list) she has no idea how long she should expect it to take to get a full
supply back and once the Reglan is tapered off how long it will be before her
supply drops again. If any one has this info I would appreciate it. I would
also love a more complete list of possible side effects. She bf for two months
with a great supply before stopping. The first day she started the Reglan was
one pill (10mg) the second day two pill and for the next 10 days its three
pills then tapering off somehow. There has to be something better for her to
look into besides Reglan. Thanks for your help!

Teresa Myers