From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:17:51 -0500
At 03:04 PM 4/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a nursing student in an ADN program, a LLL, and hopefully will be an
LC after the exam results come out late this summer.

>Today we discussed FTT.  I mentioned that FTT is sometimes found in
infants that are placed on strict feeding schedules, ie less than 8-10
times a day with very short feedings.  My instructor told me that FTT is
not at all linked to that kind of feeding schedule.  I looked it up in
Lawrence, and that seems to agree with my statement.  Does anyone have any
journal references that would back me up?

Um, actually THIS one I agree with Dr. Jack.  **Where are HER references**
She is wrong.  :/  What does *she* believe FTT is caused by?
Malabsorption?  Fairy's?  (okay, that was mean, but come on...)

Or was she referring to impaired MER?

>Also, if anyone would like to correspond privately about surviving nursing
school, I'd love to hear from you.

LOL! I would, but then I just decided to ditch it for Health Science
Education instead, so I can maybe teach some of the future Docs and Nurses
a little more about human lactation. ;)

Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, Health Science Education
University of Florida, Gainesville