From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 00:57:46 -0700
Pamela,

While you are right that the active ingredient is the same in generic
drugs, it is my understanding that there can be some differences which
in some cases could be important.  For example, the density with which
it is compacted might make it more or less available.  Also, a person
might occasionally be allergic to an inactive ingredient.  Additionally,
with liquid medications, I have found that some are much more palatable
than others, something especially important in getting children to take
them.

Pharmacists and physicians care to comment?

--
Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the sunny S.W. USA