Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:41:33 -0500
I was just summoned for jury duty.  My daughter is no longer nursing but I
am her primary care giver when she is not in nursery school.  I am asking
for an exemption because down here Jury duty is for a two month period and
you need to call in each morning and see if you are needed. I could probably
get someone to agree to take her for the day or maybe a week but two
months!!! Impossible to secure temporary full time day care for a 4 year
old.  Hopefully I will get excused.  I was excused two years ago because I
was primary caregiver to her and her then 4 year old sister and 6 year old
brother, no problem.  Hopefully I will be excused again.  I offered to serve
in September of 2002 when she is in first grade and in school full time.  I
have a hard enough time finding someone to watch her for part of an
afternoon or whatever much less someone willing to commit to being available
every day for two months.  My husband travels on  short notice for work so I
can't count on him to be available either.    Oh well.

Lori Werrell
Leonardtown MD- where the jury commissioner told me that you used to have to
serve for 6 months!!!