From:
vicki & ryan hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:59:20 -0500
That's why I was asking, re: code compliance?, because there wasn't a nipple/teat on the collection bottle and the mom wasn't shown bottle feeding. I didn't know if Ameda was/is with Evenflo yet and wonder(ed) if that partnership will make a difference in code-compliance.
I thought the ad was implying that pumping instead of direct nursing saved moms time, by dad/sibling/grandma feeding the baby, but not because mom was returning to work or school.

I definitely understand that some bf mothers MUST pump. My first son nursed for 2 1/2 years, despite my  working full-time as an LPN and attending school "full-time" (a hospital-based RN program that I began at 37 weeks pregnant), so I pumped for over a year and a half.  He was born the third week of school, I went back to school @ 2 weeks postpartum and to work @ 4 weeks postpartum, and continued nursing lI was done with the days of 7-3 class/clinical followed by a 3-11 work shift, which sometimes meant only directly nursing at 0630 as I dropped him off at the hospital's on-site daycare, or during my lunch break, or when my husband got off work/picked him up from the daycare/brought him to my unit before they headed home. I loved nurseathons during nights, weekends, and evenings that I didn't work, but some days my pump and I ALOT of quality time together :-)

With my second son, I was employed on a maternity unit and was training as a lactation consultant. Once again, pumped over a year and a half, he nursed about 2 1/2 years....

Son #3 and I have enjoyed 22 months so far of no pumping, no bottles. Whenever anyone suggested that I pump so my husband, or the big brothers, could feed Lachlan, so I could devote my time to other things, I cringed and explained why that wouldn't work....So that's just the way I interpreted the ad.

vicki hayes rn ibclc in brunswick ga
www.myspace.com/that_username_is_taken