From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:38:40 -0600
Maybe someone else with connections to LLL can jump in here but I seem
to recall getting information from LLLI (maybe in a LEAVEN article?)
that they were involved in this venture by supplying books and
information for the display. I am pleased that LLL is involved, and that
good info is being supplied along with these products. In addition,
perhaps women who buy from this display will be motivated to call LLL
with questions(and join!). I've always believed that LLL needed to be a
little more motivated toward the business model. This may compromise the
ethics of those who believe that LLL should remain "pure." We all know
that breastfeeding is free and most women don't "need" more than a baby
and breasts but there are many companies who ARE making money on bf'ing.
And why shouldn't LLL, if that's what it will take for us to stay in
business?
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC and LLLL since 1982
Romeoville, IL near Chicago