From:
Frances Coss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:42:16 -0500
>From:    Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: circumcision
>I have wondered when another major trauma is added in the first day or two
>after birth, such as circumcision, the baby turns into a complete turtle
>and won't come out. "This world is too painful", thinks the baby. "I'll
>just go away for a while until things get better."
>"Perhaps breastfeeding isn't going well as the result of some birth
>trauma, such as vacuum or suctioning. <snip>
Nikki,
When I get a call from a new mother about her new baby boy, I usually ask
"was he circumcised?"  I agree with you and Pat Gima that this is a
traumatic event for boy and it will be a factor for feeding difficulties in
the early days.
I don't know Nikki, even if circumcision is the ONLY trauma, that's a
pretty big "piece of skin" to be traumitized by...
Frances Coss
LLL leader