Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:05:40 -0800
[Accidentally hit "send" too soon.]

Thank you for your clarity of vision, Linda Smith. It makes perfect
sense to me to just avoid any talk of "rights" and work on convincing
the mom instead through compassion to give her knowledge that may shift
her position. After all, as Dawn Kersula pointed out today (on another
topic), haven't we all experienced just this shift through discussions
and learning on Lactnet?

From:    Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Changing paradigms...

I'm constantly amazed at how our conversations on Lactnet change my ways of
thinking about things. I've been talking a lot in presentations lately about
skin to skin, and more & more it seems to me that the colonization of a
newborn with the microbiology of his own natural habitat (his moms) is so,
so important - why would I want to colonize him with my stuff or the
hospital stuff?

Thank you, Lactnet webmistresses, for making this all possible.
Arly Helm, MS, IBCLC