From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:59:30 -0700
Last month I reposted on Facebook a lovely silly little video that had nothing
to do with breastfeeding, where a man asked random strangers to carry him, bit
by bit, across Manhattan Island. His conclusion was that it was EXHAUSTING to be
handled by strangers, even well-meant, kindly strangers, one after the other!

Imagine how much worse it would be for a baby, with no control, no power to call
for a break, or a halt, no understanding of the process, no way to gauge when or
how to get his needs met,  no reserve of resources, and so on. In other words,
to be a newborn baby, being passed along from person to person, when all one
wants is to be at mom's breast.

I recommend everyone try to find that video! Perhaps someone knows the name of
it.

Arly Helm, MS, IBCLC
Who is listening to Diana West's interview on The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
on www.kvmr.org at her in-law's house in San Diego as she writes this