From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 20:17:56 -0500
Can you believe this from the internet today?

Kathleen

>Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 11:04:39 -0600
>From: Anuradha Sivaraman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: We need your opinion!!
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Babies benefit enormously from proper diet and our research shows that
>the best food for human babies is human milk.
>However, mothers are often unable to provide milk due to sickness, work
>schedules, medical conditions, etc., so parents and caretakers are
>forced to rely upon animal milk or scientific formulas.  To fill the
>need for a natural human milk product designed to feed human babies, our
>business project is to create Mother's Own Inc., a company dedicated to
>collecting, testing, and distributing human milk to parents who want to
>give their baby nature's perfect human baby food.
>
>As a physician, Your concerns are very important to us as we develop the
>business plan for this endeavor.  We look for realistic responses
>regarding the product and market, and we solicit any social or
>scientific concerns you may have about the child, mother and donor.
>
>Please complete the following questions and e-mail it back to us.  You
>may answer anonymously.  We will not solicit you for any future
>publicity campaigns.
>
>Please answer using the following scale:
>1-Strongly agree           2- Agree               3- Maybe/Unsure
>4-Disagree        5-Strongly Disagree
>
>1. Some babies cannot get all  of the human milk they need now :
>2. I  would recommend human milk provided by another woman for a child:
>3. Human milk should be available without prescription:
>4. Human milk should be worth paying more for than formula:
>5. I could encourage a mother to sell her milk for money or medical care
>(after feeding her child):
>6. Human milk should be available only through charities, not through
>commercial firms:
>7. If human milk were easily available, children would benefit:
>8. If human milk were easily available, mothers would benefit:
>9. Purchased human milk would be better than formula or animal milk for
>a child:
>10. I believe human milk can be collected, stored, and distributed
>safely:
>11. No one should prevent a woman from selling her excess milk if she
>wants to:
>12. Commercial firms would provide a better product than charities:
>13. Human milk is better for human babies when compared to animal or soy
>milk:
>14. Twice the price of formula is a fair price for human milk:
>15. By giving milk for medical care, poor families would benefit.
>16. If parents could conveniently buy human milk at a reasonable price,
>they should:
>
>Please answer with only 1 word or a very short phrase: In considering
>human milk for a patient.
>1. my greatest concern for the child would be:
>2. my greatest concern for the mother would be:
>3. my greatest concern for the donor would be:
> [...]

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
Williston, Vermont, where autumn is in full color...
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Check these pages out...
http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
http://together.net/~kbruce/answers.htm