Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:03:17 -0500
Dear Nancy,
This seems so ridiculous!! I had those type-after my son-all the nurses came
in to peek because I had the worst someone ever had seen, and, you guessed
it, they were kind enough to pass it on!!! I have used, prescribed by several
docs, all who knew I was nursing, the prescr variety of cortisone based
suppositories and creams.
Also the OTC varieties.  One thing that helped most was not using dry paper
to wipe-a dab of baby lotion or hand lotion, or water on the tissue-or there
is a cleansing lotion specifically for this. Also the witch hazel moistened
pads(I use a lot of store brands so names elude me!!) or 2X2 gauze wet with
witch hazel, as a compress or to wipe. Hope this helps!! BTW, this sounds
like one of the worst examples of Dr. Jack's phrase of"sacrificing BF"--wow!
Just read Donna Z's reply-that was how I felt, too!!<<WHAT?!!!!!!  THIS IS
NUTS!>>
-----------------------
As for the baby with herpes-isn't it unlikely? trying to think how he would
get it-tho a microbiology prof I had in college did say relatives slobbering
all over kissing kids are a way to pass it on--but it should be tested for I
would think, or rule out other more common causes, If mom is exposed at the
breast her immune system may kick in with antibody-like interferon against
it... pondering..
------
Oh, and KBB-could this be my excuse for being scatterbrained??<<It is
possible for your mind to be so open that your brain falls out.>>

                                     Georgeanne Mattise, LLLL MT mostly MOM