From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:35:02 +0000
I'd like to contextualise this further.

The value of a gun, or a knife, is absolute.  If a tiger is attacking
you, a gun is vital.  If you wish to eat meat, so is a knife.  Or cut
cloth, or scrape off a beard.

You wouldn't dream of putting a knife or a gun, in any publicity or
promotion, unless you were using it to connote danger.

A baby bottle, is much like a gun or a knife.  In the right place, at
the right time, a useful tool.  It is also very much like a gun or a
knife - in the wrong place, at the wrong time, it kills.

It kills babies.

Pump companies do exist that can promote their own products, without
undercutting code. Without promoting bottles, and bottle feeding culture
above the breast.

What one company can do, all companies can do.

Morgan Gallagher