From:
the juliest person you know <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:18:14 +0000
What I'm replying to:------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 19 Oct 2015 03:59:39 -0400
From:    Eithne Murray Eithne Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tongue function and language acquisition

I have not seen this Virginia but it makes complete sense to me. I am a resource teacher and I have often worked with children with cerebral palsy who would have had reduced oral motor control. For those children phonics - teaching letter sounds - was almost useless as a means of teaching the children to read. We have speculated that when the children could not form the sounds properly, the nthey couldn't discriminate the words properly.

. . . .

Eithne Murray,
Carlow, Ireland

Fascinating.  I have read--and  this is getting OT--that people who are deaf from birth or early childhood usually do not learn to read above a 4th grade level, unless hearing people around them are using a type of communication called Cued Speech.  That is all I know about the topic; please don't ask me anything!  It won't help.

More of what I'm replying to: