From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:37:00 -0500
>I think instead of looking at what's 'average' we need to look at what is
>normal for each baby/family.

My first, 8 lb at birth, was 19 lb at a year and continued working his way
down the chart.  We moved when he was 2, and he lost a half inch of height
in changing doctors that year.  Funny, no one suggested that he actually
lost height;  the immediate assumption was that one of the measurements was
wrong.  Think they would have done that with weight?  Anyway, his new dr
talked about possible "interventions" in the future to improve growth.  At
the next visit, she met my husband.  We're both 5  7 1/2, and he's the
tallest in his family.  Height was never mentioned again, and I recognized
yet again the value of a *family* dr.

At nearly 19, Scott seems to have topped out at a slender 5'9, no surprise.
And guess who was the champion at chin-ups all thru school, from having so
little mass to horse around?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY