From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 02:44:13 EDT
Adi asked:
"Has anyone reviewed this site as an herbal remedy reference?  What do you
 think of it.  I would like a reliable source for evidence based practice.
  http://content.health.msn.com/medcast_channel_toc/3187"

I looked up a variety of herbs with which I am very familiar. In general, the information was not useful at all. For example, the information on elencampane was contradictory--basically saying it doesn't work while also delineating its medicinal properties (I can assure you it wirks very well!), on castor oil referred to the dangers of ingestion, but it is rarely used internally, and on echinacea warned against use for over 8 weeks and against use in pregnancy, both of which are completely wrong. It seems to be written from texts of some sort, not from any valid herbal references. It is highly medicalized; not where I would look for accurate or useful herbal info.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA