From:
Segev Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 23:36:22 +0300
Hi, Lois, and welcome to Lactnet. After reading your intro, my
first question is how many people are you? (I find it hard to
believe that you're really a singleton.)
Everyone knows about dividing people as to how they see a glass
that is only partially filled - half full vs half empty. When
waxing philosophical, I divide people into those who look for
differences among people vs those who look for similarities....
It was interesting to read that the Koran calls for 24 months of
bfing, since I was just recently informed by an ultra-religious
neighbor that Jewish law calls for a minimum of 24 months (same
figure!) of exclusive bfing. Ultra religious Jewish women have
specific rules and behavior regarding what they call "modesty".
Putting this all together with my previous posting re OBSERVING
Bedouin women (who are also Moslem), discreetly bfing much like
American women do, plus the growing fundamentalism and focus on
Moslem female modesty in public (much different from the 80's),
I stand on my previous comment that I very much doubt that Saudi
Arabian Moslem women "pull 'em out" in public. Lois, thank you
for your very interesting input. Judy Knopf