From:
Angela Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:25:51 -0400

    Thank you Nina!

Does anyone else have anything to add? Surgery is tomorrow.
Thanks,
Angela Burton, IBCLC, LLLL

From:    Nina Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Breastfeeding a toddler after he has tooth extracted

I have personal experience of breastfeeding a toddler following tooth extraction.  She was breastfed in recovery, immediately she returned from the OR.   She breastfed in the post-recovery ward.  She breastfed most of the following night. I would venture that the mechanics of straw sucking and of suckling differ markedly.  Remember human milk has anti infective, anti-inflammatory factors and is likely to promote rather than impede healing.
Nina Berry PhD
Australia