From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:10:58 -0500
Dear All, I must take a moment here to thank my co listmothers, and
especially Rachel Myr today.  I was at work all day, and did not have enough
time to take this  very difficult  situation and deal with it as carefully
as was needed. Although I am the original listmother remaining, and Lactnet
is my baby, I am by no means the most skilled, or eloquent when it comes to
dealing with fragile list situations. For that, I must defer to others.

Today I must give my sincere thanks to Rachel, and also to Karleen and Kathy
for supporting this list on a daily basis and for supporting me as I try to
keep to the spirit of the original list that I and Kathy Auerbach originally
established in 1995.

We are all volunteers... And we try very hard to keep the list professional.
Rachel showed us all today just how hard that has been over the past few
weeks with one of our ex-subscribers.  We do not unsubscribe anyone lightly,
and it's been a darned hard thing to have to do.  When you get to the point
where you cannot communicate with someone because they have put you in the
spam bucket, you know you've lost that route of communication, and
ultimately, that relationship.

 We have been complimented on our civility and professionalism many times
over the years, and I must compliment those who help me, as volunteers,
without whom I would not  be able to keep Lactnet what it has been, a good
list.  I am sorry that it came to this today, but as a followup, it has been
gratifying to get the scores of notes from list subscribers who support us
as we move towards getting the list back to a calmer and more professionally
centered list.  I am sorry for the abuse that Rachel and the others have had
to go through for the past weeks. I can take it, as I originally signed on
for this when creating the list.  They didn't...and so it hurts me when they
are dealt out a painful hand.

Thank you Rachel, for dealing with this today, and for making the move to
help  us all regain and protect our positive energy for Lactnet.

It's fine to disagree. It has to be done in a way that is not personalized,
however, and this situation had degenerated way past that...and I am glad
it's over.

Thank you Rachel. And thank you to all who have written privately to support
us. If anyone is uncomfortable with this and wishes to talk to us privately,
please feel free to email me.  I am glad to respond.

As for products and advertising, I agree with Rachel. I would prefer that
the posts and discussion about Dr. Karp's book either move to private email,
and/or remain centered on the science of the subject, and to avoid the
advertising "feel" of the posts, as per the guidelines. Those who are asking
good questions, such as Cathy Genna, etc, deserve careful consideration in
response, as most posters who are questioning are very very thoughtful
posters who have proved their professional credentials over and over. Thanks
for this, all.

Kindly.

Kathleen