From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:47:09 -0400
Dear listmembers, I am currently thinking over the posts of the past few
weeks, and the general tone of Lactnet in the past few months. I think
of the way Lactnet began, and of the tone we took at that time. We began
as a support group for clinical issues.

Today, I think of our list with some pride, and also, with some regret
because I think we have lost the general tone of helpful collaboration,
and instead we descend, at times, into a miasma ( a friend used that
word and it fits) of complaining, accusing, and character assault. It is
not all the time, but it is enough to make me feel burdened as a
listmother.

I am thinking particularly of a post where a subscriber posted and
admitted her employment, and then went on to answer a post ....her work,
her integriy, was then called into question, because she does work for a
corporation.

I have a lot of thoughts going through my head...but I would like to
take this opportunity to tell you all something that many know
anyhow....many of us here in the US work in many places, with many hats.
I work for Lactation Res