From:
Anne Nans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:23:05 -0400
Does anyone else see this PDBE issue as a good reason to become activists against the problem?  I don't want this dangerous substance in my breastmilk or in my children or yours or anyone else's.  I haven't seen or heard the breastfeeding backlash here in Virginia yet, but maybe I'm just isolated.  I'm going to breastfeed no matter what and continue promoting it, but I want this stuff out of our country (USA).  I see this as a rallying point for all of us to clean up this aspect of our environment.  I'm looking into who is manufacturing this stuff so we can start writing letters to our congressmen and the companies responsible.  Our streams and lakes are also contaminated.  I'd like to have my own breastmilk or hair or something tested.  We, as lactation consultants, must protect what we are promoting.  I'll send updates and email addresses as I work through figuring out how to go about protesting.

Anne Nans, RN/IBCLC