Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:57:17 +1300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
For the books I'd agree with Patricia although I prefer "Bestfeeding" to Kitzinger if I was choosing between the two. Another possibility would be Pryor's "nursing mother, working mother" which is inspiring me at the moment. 
My fundamental response on Christian parenting is that as God chose for Jesus to be born in a time and place where he would be fed on demand and kept close to his mother or other caring people all the time- what's good enough for Godself is good enough for my babies. Though I love Elisheva's response as well.
it was a couple of days ago but the mother with aching sides of her breasts - a double check of her positioning could be  in order, could she be pushing the breast over slightly when she latches on and holding it there?
Could whoever posted the medscape URL on reflux and positioning summarise it please - I cant access medscape and I ahve got a couple of mothers who are struggling with reflux babies at the moment.
Magda - that fear of not being able to steralise properly was one of the factors in my presevering with my first baby too!
Sonja LLLNZ

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2