From:
Segev Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 23:49:58 +0300
Hi all. I had a mom with a one week old call claiming that she
has milk on one side only (I can see her only in a few days from
now when I have clinic). She says she gives the "empty" side
first but hears no swallowing noises, sees no milk in baby's
mouth or squirting. She says her mother had the same problem.
Baby seems to be gaining wt. OK so far but mother is concerned.
She is pII, nursed first baby only few days because of
"problems". Aside from greater risk for breast CA on non-nursing
side (Ing et al, Lancet July 16 1977), are there other risks?
Anybody have recommendations for lopsidedness which also bothers
mom? This nice lady who needs support is moving to Rochester NY
in a few weeks. Could anyone help me with to whom to refer her
for bf support? Thank you muchly. Judy Knopf