From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:47:18 -0800
 Pierrette:  I am saddened by the way you were treated by these individual
LLL Leaders.  Please do not assume that the rest of the organization in any
way supports anyone associated with LLLI conducting themselves this way.
It is not the place of a LLL Leader to suggest that an individual's
lifestyle choices (home, neighborhood, etc.) are inappropriate.  While
individual Leaders have made choices to stay home, and yes even move, this
should not be thrust upon those we are helping.  Of all the things we
"preach" the strongest underlying concept is that no one knows exactly what
a particular mother is going through better than that particular mother.
We are here for support--regardless of the decisions and whether we
individually agree with them.

I appreciate you having shared your experiences with me (and us).  Here's
hoping your future contacts with LLL are more favorable.  We do help
200,000 women EACH month in 67 nations.
WarmLLLy,
Chris

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]  : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340   : )
: )             **CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**