Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:13:30 +0000
I doubt that the extremely slow resorption of let from a gunshot
fragment would increase her milk lead levels significantly.  Of course,
damage could have been done, but give it a go.  I'll be the
breastfeeding works fine.

As far as extensive radiation, she should be if they didn't direct the
radiation to the breasts.  It is also possible, though, that if the
pituitary was irradiated, she might not produce enough, but then it is
likely she wouldn't have become pregnant.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC