From:
Carlos Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:46:48 +-200
Still two cents more:
Today, we had in Barcelona a conference on Kangaroo care, with Riccardo
Davanzo, from Instituto della Infanzia (Trieste, Italy). I asked him about
the recent question in Lactnet, if fathers are as a good source of warm as
mothers. He had a reference (but only had read the abstract; unable to
locate the original):
Ludington S et al: Selected physiological measurements and behaviour during
paternal skin contact with Colombian preterm father. J Develop Physiol
1992;18:233.
Looks like fathers are even more warm; two of the babies actually had
hyperthermias. May be someone of you can locate the original paper and
comment more on Lactnet.
                        Carlos Gonzalez
                        Barcelona