From:
gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:43:20 -0800
I'm not very familiar with ounces, but if my google gadget converts right 10ounce is about 300mililiters. Pumping this x 8/24 wil give her about 2.360 liter a day. This is not a very big oversupply for twins. It is my understandig that pumping for premies should yield what the baby will be needing when reaching term and beyond. Twins would be needing 1,6-2 liters of milk per day.
I'd try putting her on a regimen of pumping 8x9ounces a day. So stop pumping if that amount is reached. If that doesn't settle production mom might consider using sage tea to downregulate a bit more. Stretching time between pumping sessions will probably increase het masttis incidence and does not mimic the probable feeding needs of het twins once they start at breast feeding.

Warmly, Gonneke, IBCLC, LLLL in southern Netherlands