From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:40:49 -0400
Martha:  I did some research for a review article on breastfeeding and
women's health, and I never found any reference to breastfeeding and
cervical cancer.  If there is one, I would love to see it.  Perhaps the
confusion is with one study which showed increased risk of endometrial
cancer in women who did not breastfeed (Rosenblatt KA and Thomas DB.
Prolonged lactation and endometrial cancer.  WHO Collaborative Study of
Neoplasia and Steroid Contraceptives.  Int J Epidemiol 1995
Jun;24(3):499-503.)  Since some people call endometrial cancer uterine
cancer, perhaps someone thought uterine cancer was cancer of the cervix.
Regards, Alicia Dermer, MD, IBCLC.