From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:21:09 PDT
A few weeks ago I had posted asking for inexpensive ideas for WBW, as our
unit is on a "shoestring budget" (what does that really mean?). Thanks to
those who responded w/ ideas. Here's what we have so far:
Our large bulletin board in maternity center will be focused on WBW; a large
banner across the top. I have created a bf crossword puzzle; I have brought
in several short articles on bf to put on bulletin board and from these we
will devise a question of the day. The nurses who participate will get
treats and prizes for completing the puzzle, answering the questions, and
best answers get a better prize. I have gotten many coupons from our hosp
cafeteria (thanks to our dir. of nursing for getting these for me) for free
dessert or ice cream. We have 15 of Gail's little green books to give away,
buttons, and probably bf pencils (the pens were too pricey). I have a
committment from the dir. of nsg to reimburse for purchasing
coupons/discounts from local vendors like video movie rentals (big in USA),
ice cream, snow cones, car wash etc up to $40. We also have a lovely bf tote
bag as a prize. Oh and little bags of Hershey's kisses (choc. candy).
There will be a maternity fair w/ our lact. services represented to do baby
wts, brief prenatal consults, and a bf class (me). No formula companies are
allowed to participate but we do have LLL and Lamaze. Any ideas for
questions of the day that do not require a long detailed answer but that
would really get to the heart of a bf issue or challenge? Thanks. Please
everyone share as I learn alot and get ideas from you all every year re WBW.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, USA