From:
Elizabeth Benbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:15:53 EDT
Thank you to all of you who have replied to my post!!!  Your comments nearly
brought tears to my eyes(my family says I need Kleenex at milk commercials).
I had expected a bevy of suggestions of things I might have done, or that she
could do...

In responses to the "switching every five minutes thread", this particular
client, at least at that time, did not have a supply problem, in fact
engorgement of one breast at three weeks had been an issue...the baby was a
'reluctant-type' nurser and so we had initiated breast  compression early on
with good results.  I agree that there are better methods of increasing
supply than this method - which I can now especially say from personal
experience, can be misused with poor results...

I will accept that I did my best, and that too many cooks in the kitchen
spoil the broth (or milk as it were)!

Thank you again; and a belated congratulations to all the new IBCLC's: we are
an exceptional bunch of human beings IMHO!