From:
Karyn-grace Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:52:03 -0700
Just a quick follow up to my previous post about the complicated and
confusing scenario with my reduction mom.  After I posted here, mom decided
to take a step back and to simplify everything by offering the supplement
*only* for 12 hours and not attempting to bring baby to the breast.  I
actually suggested cup feeding during this time, but she chose to finger
feed for 3 or 4 feeds that evening and into the night.

Next morning, a new day with renewed energy for all, mom brought baby to the
breast again and he latched without fan fare.  Same for the next feed.  They
have now employed the SNS and are using it consistently for the duration of
the feed with good latches each time.  This has been the pattern for the
last 24 hours.

I am going away to help my own sister have a baby and get breastfeeding
established, so once I get back next week, this mom and I will work on
tweaking the supplement amounts and maximizing her milk production (she is
already on domperidone).

Thanks for all your responses and positive thoughts.

~kg