From:
Rhoda Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:26:45 -0700
Pearl, when I first connected with the net I looked at AOL and Compuserve
but both were long distance phone calls.  At that time there was no Canadian
similar service.  So I have always used a local small server.  It is easy
cheap (very very cheap compared to the biggies) and has great tech support.
I do all that you list, they provide the software and I upgraded to netscape
3.0 from the web. I am sure there are dozens of local providers in brooklyn
-- there are at least 5 in my small town.  Go to a good local computor store
(NOT a chain) and ask about what they use and like. Most of the local stores
here either have their own service and/or have a list of servers to talk to.
Good luck.  Rhoda

>does anyone have good experience with an internet provider, where you can
>search the web, get on the internet, etc. with a minimum of problems?
>Whenever I try AOL I remember why I dropped it in the first place;
>searches take too long, the computer freezes up and I need to reboot to
>escape.
>I'd like to be able to access the web, and would like suggestions
>privately from folks who 1) have access through a reliable server and 2)
>have the time to respond!
>thanks for your help, sorry if this is too much off the topic.
>Best,
>Pearl Shifer, IBCLC
>Brooklyn, NY
>where all I have right now is emailPea

--"Without interest and passion nothing great has ever happened in history.
Hegel"
               Rhoda Taylor, B.A., IBCLC   Duncan, B.C., Canada--