From:
Martin S Gaynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 23:07:34 -0400
Kate, There is a LLL Leader here who suffered from Sheehan's syndrome
subsequent to the birth of her first child. She never got a full milk
supply and after a lot of work with an LC, they finally diagnosed
Sheehan's as the cause. She used an SNS the entire time she nursed the
child- I do not know for how long, but obviously at least a year! [for
those who do not know, nursing a baby for minimum of one year is one of
the requirements to be a Leader]. Her second child also had to be nursed
using the SNS the entire time- she was unable to produce a full milk
supply, again- pituitary permanently damaged the first time. She is
having her third baby sometime around now (maybe already has been born),
and she will have to nurse using the SNS once again. I heard her talk
about her experience at a Chapter Meeting- even several years after
first child's birth, still a very emotional topic for her.

WarmLLLy, Ellen Vegh in Pittsburgh, PA, LLL Leader