From:
Jack Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 09:13:08 -0500
Please send the references you mentioned.

You misread me about seeing "silent aspiration".  I said, if we are
getting silent aspiration, we should also be seeing overt aspiration.
That you *can* witness.  Why aren't we?

Cup feeding is the established standard in many institutions in the
world for feeding premature babies before they can take the breast.
Bottle feeding should not be accepted as safe just because it is the
established method of feeding prematures in other institutions.
Therefore I refuse the statement "Without new evidence, documented
proof, the present standards have to be followed until proven different"
which means, I guess, just keep up feeding babies with bottles.

I stand by my statements on OT's.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC