From:
Melissa V Kirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:53:53 EDT
Thought I would share this with you--worth a groan/laugh. A good
friend/co-worker is pregnant w/ twins after fertility treatment.  Only
the best docs, wanted a c-sec. from the time she tried to conceive.  Says
she wants to BF. At LLLI conf. I pick up various stuff for her, including
some lanolin based nipple cream. She states that " I read in a book you
are supposed to use vit. E." I told her no, but she didn't believe me, so
I bring in Hale's book. She said who is this guy anyway (her brother is a
ped. and if there's no M.D. in the name forget it).  Also, she complained
that there were only two studies cited.  Arghh!

I pointed out to her that I recently saw a manuscript for a child-care
book (long story there) which said it was okay to microwave stored
breastmilk, so just b/c you saw it written down..

Also on Vit. E I freaked out when I saw I am taking way too much Vit. E,
but since my son is almost 3, and nursing only 2-4 times a day.   I think
I'm ok, but I immediately stopped taking it.

Melissa Kirsch, J.D., LLLL, in NJ