From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:47:51 -0800
I'm nomail, but need some assistance.  I'm working
long distance with a mom who quit nursing at 2 mos,
started again at 3 mos.  She is pumping every 2-3
hours, taking fenugreek,blessed thistle, brewers
yeast, evening primrose,and reglan.  Her son nurses
but she believes he doesn't have good latch on.  the
main problem for her seems to be her letdown.  She
never felt letdown during the first two mos.  She and
her LC in Orlando were able to get some oxytocin spray
from Sam (who was posted here some time ago) but she
is finding she needs to use the spray every time she
pumps or she just gets drips.  Before she got the
spray she was able to pump 1-2 oz.  Now she's almost
out, and she is hesitant to spend $75 for what turns
out to be a four day supply for her.

Baby sleeps well at night so she attributes that and
her lack of letdown to initial breastfeeding problems.

My understanding of oxytocin spray was that most moms
use it a few times and train themselves to letdown.
It's not doing it for her.  She's on the pumpingmoms
listserv, but I sent her a few more personal
experiences of pumping from some moms.  Any other
thoughts?  Please?

mailto:[log in to unmask]

=====
Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (5!) and Sage (2.5) http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/advantages-of-formula.html