From:
S&J Sheperd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:00:11 -0800
Question:

Have you heard  of any evidence that milk will not come in for 5 days after
a c-section?  I overheard a nursery nurse while taking the newborn into mom
to nurse for first time telling her this and that she would have to think of
what she wanted to do to supplement baby in the meantime.  The reason for
this she said was fluid loss in surgery (and I thought we were concerned
about extra fluid after surgery or labor!)  Is this just a nurse wanting to
convince a mom to allow supplements to make the nursery nurse's job in the
nursery easier?  They all seem to LOVE to feed the babies! At least night
shift, anyway!  Any opinions here?

Janette