From:
Karyn-grace Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:24:17 -0800
Errrrr....I just spent a frustrating hour listening to a podcast of Dr. Joy
Browne's, February 20, 2007 sydicated radio show in the effort to hear
EXACTLY what she said so that I could send a communication as well as alert
the lactation industry.  But!  The dang thing cut out on me half way through
and I'm NOT listening again.  Errrr....

I'm hoping someone here who is more technologically or computer literate can
find a transcript of the show or figure out how to fast foward the podcast.
Here is the link:

http://wor710.com/pages/48782.php

Anyway, my eyes and ears (read:  loving husband who DOES know a thing or two
about breastfeeding after all these years living with me!) happened to hear
part of her show yesterday (Tuesday) on which she was 'counselling' a female
caller who's husband had been unfaithful.  According to my husband, the gist
of Dr. Browne's counsel was that her husband's infidelity was the woman's
fault because she allowed the baby to sleep in the marital bed, and because
she breastfed the child...apparently, Dr. Browne went so far as to tell the
caller that her breasts were sexual, and were not mean to be baby feeding
machines.

Let me at 'er....let me at 'er!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to quote that until I've actually heard it or can provide an
accurate transcript.  Did anyone else hear this broadcast, or can anyone
help to obtain a copy or transcript?

Blessings!

Karyn-grace Clarke, IBCLC, LLLL
Gabriola Island, BC, Canada