From:
Jodine Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:53:16 -0700
This is a concern that I heard back in... mmmm, 2004? Given as a reason why
milk banks could not be supported at our local hospital.

I am not aware of any documented cases of transmission and I doubt they
exist. There was a study in 2006 that created a spate of interest in the
possibility of the spread of CJD via human milk. That study indicates
pasteurization and even UHT does not eliminate the prion markers. However,
the same study indicated the same concern for cow's milk.

-- Jodine Chase