From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:33:16 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/98 11:22:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< she advised breaking the hard vein, then
 placing the leaf over the whole breast.  >>

I also heard this advice and I know where I heard it, Breastfeeding: The Gold
Standard, a Health Professionals Seminar sponsored and hosted by LLL of
AL/MS/LA, and WIC. Held in April 1998, Jackson, MS. Guest Speaker K.Auerbach.
What an exciting and enlightening seminar it was, too!  I am looking forward
to 1999 and Dr. J. Newman(?)!!!  However, I have had several clients inform me
that when removing the cabbage leaf, they incidentally/accidentally also
removed some nipple skin. I now advise my clients to avoid placing the cabbage
directly on their nipples. Either wrap around, avoiding nipple, or cut hole in
leaf too place nipple through. This seems to be working well.
Laura Wright
Jackson, MS  USA