Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:21:39 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I have been following this thread about whether formula is in the relief packages the US is dropping for Afgan refugees and now Janice comments on a tv news story she saw about babies dying because their moms were "too malnourished to produce milk".  There was an article in our local paper within
the last week about this.  It indicated that many babies and children under two are dying in Afganistan of malnutrition, but gave no further explanation.  I keep meaning to get that article and post about it, but it's at home and I keep forgetting to bring it with me, if we even still have it.  I
remember thinking, when I read it, that the mothers must not be breastfeeding because all those babies and toddlers wouldn't be dying if they were.  Anyone else see this article in their paper?  I will try to remember to look for it but this weekend is already shaping up to be very busy, so I'll
have to write myself a note if I'm to have any hope of remembering!

Marsha, who is feeling every bit of her 40 something years these days (new glasses and all!) and who wonders what might be different if I had been breastfed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marsha Glass RN, BSN, IBCLC
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.
John S. C. Abbot
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2