From:
"Carroll, Carol Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:04:04 +0000
Holly,

We ran into  similar circumstances. The word 'refuses' has such a negative connotation.  We asked if we could use the phrase 'Mother chooses to supplement feedings with formula,' or 'Mother chooses to exclusively formula feed.'  Our Quality personnel emailed TJC and we were told that this wording is satisfactory.  We have been using this phrasing for over a year and haven't had any issues.  I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Carol

Carol Rodriguez Carroll, BA, BSN, RNC-MNN, IBCLC

Lactation Consultant and Perinatal Educator

Memorial Hermann Hospital - Katy

(281) 644-7345; SL (7979)